Support and advice

Where can I find out about what to do next after I leave school/college?

There are lots of different paths that young people follow when they leave school. Some may go to a college, a training provider or University to carry on with their education: others may prefer to go into a job and start working; some may link the two, with either an apprenticeship, traineeship or a supported internship, which all offer working alongside getting a qualification. 

Whatever path you might want to go on, every school (and college) should have a Careers adviser who will be able to talk through your options. Alternatively, you can contact the Job Shop or the National Careers Service, who can provide a wide range of support.

If you have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP), this should be discussed at your Annual Review from as early as Year 9. An organisation called "Prospects" provides careers advice to all young people with an EHCP in Coventry. This normally happens in either Year 10 or 11, but you can always ask the school/college for their help. They also provide information on:

There should also be information available through Coventry's "SEND Local Offer" which has a whole section on 16-25.